Sunday, 6 September 2026

 Brexit happened in 2016 and it was a big shock to a lot of people living in Spain. We hadn't got Spanish Residencia so in 2018 we decided to give up our lovely rented house in Coin and head back to the UK. We found it too expensive to buy somewhere in Dorset so we decided to look around in Scotland, deciding upon Blairgowrie because we had spent a few days there in 2010 and really liked the place. In the September we found a flat to rent and started house hunting in earnest but hadn't seen many before Winter was upon us. Christmas and New Year passed and then it was February 2019 and Tricia died very suddenly and I found myself alone in a place that I knew very few people. One couple that we had made friends with told me of a bungalow that was coming up for sale and I went along and viewed it. It was ideal so I put in a bid, won it and moved in in September 2019. It has been a slow process but since then things have been looking up, I have gone back to riding a motorbike, joined the local bike club and walking group and made many new friends. It is now Autumn 2026 and who knows what the future holds but if you come across this blog and are contemplating buying a motorhome and going off on an adventure, don't wait, do it, you won't regret it. If you are already touring, then good luck to you, I hope you have as much fun as we did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment